Monday, January 15, 2007

Wyckoff NJ Fire Truck


This painting will be included in my upcoming show at Kerygma gallery opening March 27.
I will be painting a few more pieces for this show, so my offering of small paintings for sale on ebay will be a bit less frequent for the next couple of months. I want to publicly thank everyone who has purchased these little ones so far. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart! This type of positive feedback means everything to me. I will try to offer a small painting a week on ebay, but I can't guarantee anything. Once I get going on the larger gallery work, I really go full tilt.

Lastly, I want to share a very insightful and moving few words with all of you. This quote is tacked up right outside my studio door so that I may read it every morning before I head inside for my days work. Please enjoy.........

"The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive. To him...
a touch is a blow,
a sound is a noise,
a misfortune is a tragedy,
a joy is an ecstasy,
a friend is a lover,
a lover is a god,
and failure is death.

Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create----so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is creating."

Pearl Buck

Thanks once again!
www.kerygmagallery.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker