Friday, January 05, 2007

Fiesta Hut


oil on prepared panel

5" x 7"

sold

This piece depicts the Fiesta Hut Mexican restaurant which used to be located on Route 4 in Paramus, New Jersey. They closed this place in May 1999 after 27 years in business. The owners subsequently moved to a new location in East Rutherford, N.J., where they're still going strong. I personally preferred the old location much more than the new because of the fond memories I have of hanging out there with my knucklehead friends. We would go there on a weekly basis with our cooler full of liquid refreshments for some serious hard laughs and truly great authentic Mexican fare. This was way before any of us had wives or kids or any responsibilities at all. I sometimes wish that I could go back to that time and place just for a day.

While I'm on the subject of old friends, let me get a quick plug in for one of my oldest pals. My friend Barry is a truly gifted photographer who many years ago recruited me into his band to be the lead singer. I soon realized that I wasn't meant to be a singer, so I found my way into painting instead. Smartest move I have ever made! Barry stopped playing the guitar (too bad, he was very talented!), and soon found his true calling. Please check out his website at www.barrymorgenstein.com

Muchos gracias!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker