Friday, January 12, 2007

Pizzaland


oil on prepared panel

5" x 7"

sold

This is Pizzaland located in North Arlington, New Jersey. If you are a viewer of the HBO series "The Sopranos", you might recognize this place from the opening credit montage. I think that the director of photography for that show is brilliant. So many scenes are shot to look like paintings. That opening sequence alone is beautifully done (in a run down, industrial, blue collar North Jersey sort of way). It's right up my alley in its aesthetic approach. I always knew that North Jersey had a peculiar beauty and charm to it. There really is nowhere else on earth like New Jersey (for good or ill). This caps off a complete Jersey day for me...a trip to the mall followed by a NJ Devils game. Might as well post a truly Jersey image to end my evening......not for nothin'.

Thanks for looking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker