Tuesday, March 13, 2007

B. Witching Bath Co., Ridgewood, New Jersey


Oil on prepared panel
7" x 5"
This is a tiny shop located on Ridgewood Avenue which I have been admiring for quite some time now. It has to be one of the smallest storefronts that I have ever seen. I think this shop is incredibly charming and typifies everything that I love about Ridgewood.
This shop is located right around the corner from Kerygma Gallery.
I want to take this opportunity to thank the owners of this wonderful gallery, Ron and Vi for everything that they have done for me. I have been going into their place for about 17 years now. When I first visited this gallery, I was so impressed with the quality of the Art hanging there. I immediately thought about someday displaying my own work there. I knew at the time that I was a long way away from that goal, but with a tremendous amount of hard work and dedication I was finally accepted to show there. To this day, one of the best days of my life was when Vi asked me to join them officially.
I read a lot of Artist biographies in my spare time, and one thing that always stuck with me about Edward Hopper was that he had the pleasure of having a happy lifelong association with his gallerists. I thought that he was so fortunate to have the security of that situation, and I always hoped that someday I might be lucky enough to enjoy the same type of relationship with a gallery and the owners. Ron and Vi have made that dream come true for me. It is such a fantastic feeling to have a place to call home for me and my work. I hope that this comfort comes through in my Art to the viewer.
I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for this. I am forever grateful to you both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker