Saturday, March 17, 2007

Weathervane - Saddle River, New Jersey


oil on prepared panel
7" x 5"
sold
This is a charming old weathervane located in the town of Saddle River, N.J.
This image was photographed by a good friend of mine who generously allowed me to create a painting from it.
I usually don't use other people's imagery for my own work, but this shot struck me as being so beautiful and different that I had to paint it. I never really noticed the detail on these local weathervanes until I saw this picture. That is a surprising thing for me because I am pretty observant most of the time out in Nature.
I guess once in a while you need a different perspective to appreciate what's surrounding you.
I want to thank Amy for giving me this image to paint, and her husband Doug who has been very supportive of my work for a long time now. I appreciate everything that you have done for me.
This piece will be included in my solo show at Kerygma Gallery opening March 27.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker