Saturday, May 03, 2008

Tick Tock Diner - Clifton, New Jersey


I painted all the neon tubing freehand.  If you compare the 2 jpegs, there is no initial underdrawing done on the neon whatsoever.  I don't want to sound cocky, but that amazes me. How am I able to do that without screwing up?  

I hope that I will have this skill for many years to come.  

I think I'm going to darken the sky at the top and let it get gradually lighter towards the bottom, thus creating an overhanging arch of sky framing the sign. 

2 Comments:

Blogger kaycrain said...

LOL! Mark, Indeed how were you able to do that freehand. I couldn't do it for sure.
We just got back from albuquerque/santa fe. I took pics of lots of great old mom and pop motel signs along old route 66 i hope to paint.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Mark Oberndorf said...

Thanks Kay!!! I can't wait to see your new signs!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker