Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Belmar Fishing Club - Belmar, New Jersey


As I wait for the initial underlayer of sky to dry on the Pizza Town painting, I was able to stretch, sketch and underpaint most of this historical place in Belmar.

I plan on taking the Pizza Town painting all the way to completion, it's too tempting not to.  I am going to blast this one with artificial light against the deep blue twilight sky.  I think this could be one of my best paintings to date. 

I have been making a lot of starts on paintings, but not finishing any up and now I have 11 going at the same time.  So, I think that it's time to start wrapping some of these babies up.

I also plan on starting up my ebay auctions again soon.  I am going to approach these little ones in a more sketchy, loose and impressionistic way.  I think that they will still have the power of the gallery pieces, yet be more painterly and true to nature. 
 
I'm very excited about this and I have to thank Stephen Magsig for the inspiration his little gems have given me.  They are even better in person. (I own 3 so far....)  His gallery pieces are stunning, but these little ones are so powerful. 

Stay tuned.........
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Magsig said...

Love "the Lobster Pot" painting! Good luck with the small paintings, I am reall looking forward to seeing them.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Mark Oberndorf said...

Thanks Stephen!!

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker