Sunday, May 25, 2008

NYC visit with Stephen Magsig
























I just had the incredible good fortune to meet
and spend the afternoon with an Artist whom I respect and admire tremendously, Stephen
Magsig.  We spent a little time at his loft
on Broome St. in SoHo, where I was able to see
some of his little masterpieces that are 
being auctioned on Ebay.  (I own 7 of these
gems now, and counting...)
After a bit of shop talk, we went out, cameras in hand for some subject matter 
searching.  I had so much fun running around the streets of Manhattan looking for interesting
things to paint with someone who sees 
pretty much the same way I do.  Neon signs, building facades, city reflections in windows
etc, etc.....  I rarely find people who are on the same wavelength as I am, but Stephen and his wife
Janet Hamrick sure as heck are.  Thanks
so much, both of you for being so kind and generous with your time.  I had a wonderful time
and will remember this forever.  It's days like this that I am so damn lucky to be an Artist!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker