Thursday, August 21, 2014

Highview Drive House - Wyckoff, NJ






Completed painting
oil on linen
10" x 18"

Had a nice trip up to Maine to see the Richard Estes show last week.  The man is a true genius with paint and canvas.

I have been commissioned by the owner of The Brick House and Aldo's restaurants in Wyckoff to do a large painting of each location.  When these 2 paintings are done, I will be doing paintings of the interior of each different room in the Brick House to be published as a book for the restaurant. All these paintings will be hanging in the restaurants for the public to see and enjoy. When these multiple paintings are done, I may be doing a mural for the lobby.  I have my work cut out for me now for at least 6 months.

I just have to mention a very odd thing that happened after meeting with Aldo and securing all this work.  I went outside to photograph the exterior of the Brick House, and while standing in the middle of Godwin Avenue, a total stranger drove up right next to me and asked, "are you the artist?" I was taken aback but replied yes, how do you know that?  She said that she owns one of my paintings that she bought at Kerygma Gallery in Ridgewood, 10 years ago.  I have no idea how she recognized me, but I will take that as a very good omen for my upcoming work with Aldo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker