Thursday, November 11, 2010

Park Luncheonette - Williamsburg, Brooklyn - NY


I apologize for the multiple emails, but I have been having MAJOR problems with the blog linking to my mailing list. I have been working on a fix for this for over a week, and think I have corrected the problem.

The Hawthorne Theatre painting is completed.
oil on linen
8" x 28"


The Luncheonette painting is in the second stage of underpainting.

I found this place while riding my bicycle around Williamsburg. It turns out that this location was used in the opening scene of "The Departed", an Oscar winning masterpiece by Martin Scorcese. The scene is when Jack Nicholson first meets Matt Damon's character as a child. Later in the movie, a scene where Leo DiCaprio's character kicks the crap out of 2 guys was also shot here.

I just finished underpainting another one today, the subject being an old barber shop located in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn. I'll post an image of it as it nears completion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker