Friday, September 24, 2010

Noodle Bar and Corner Deli - NYC, NY


The Corner Deli was established in 1932, and that's pretty much all the info that I can find about the place. It is now a very good Mexican restaurant, located at Kenmare and Cleveland Streets in Lower Manhattan. I'm very glad that they had the good sense to leave the old sign up.

The Noodle Bar is a relatively new establishment, but I just love the sign.
It happens to be located right next door to Trattoria Spaghetto on Carmine Street in Manhattan. I did this painting of TS in 1996, and now 14 years later I am doing a painting of the place next door. Totally coincidental that these places are directly next door to one another. I guess over the course of so many years and paintings, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I am going to Los Angeles next week for a few days and will be visiting one of my all time favorite painters, Adam Normandin. Very excited to finally meet Adam and see his studio. I think he is one of the very best artists working today. He does incredible paintings of freight trains that are just top flight!

Adam Normandin.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker