Thursday, April 09, 2015

Middlesex County Museum Show - Piscataway, NJ



Little article in today's NJ.com about this diner show.

Opening reception is this Sunday at 2:30.  1225 River Road, Piscataway, NJ.  Free admission.

Article

I had an idea while riding the bicycle recently.  I will be doing small (5" x 7" and 6" x 6") paintings on panel of private homes from life (plein-air).  As soon as the weather cooperates, I will begin this next phase of my commissioned work.  I will be painting small parts of each home, instead of more formal views of the whole house.  For example: the front door, a dormer, a window or any other vignette I feel will make an interesting composition.

I will continue with the photorealistic commissions that I have on tap in the studio, but these little paintings will be much looser, direct and painterly.  I have been wanting to get back to painting from life for 20 years, and now is the perfect time and place.  I expect each painting will take only a few hours to complete and will sell quite well.

Any inquires about commissioning one of these paintings, please email obern@optonline.net or call 201-694-1379.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker